I hope you find something interesting or useful on this site.
By using the links to the left:
- You may find information on two molluscan groups I find particularly interesting, the Scaphopods, or tusk shells, and the Turrid Gastropods, particularly the cold-water venomous snails from the Northeastern Pacific in the genera, Oenopota, Ophiodermella and Kurtziella.
- You may also find some useful information on the husbandry of Coral Reef Aquarium animals.
- You can browse through information and some illustrations resulting from one of my summer time passions, the photography of the Native Orchids of Montana.
- You can find links to most of my online publications. Those that are missing were published either in the now-defunct Aquarium.net or in Aquarium Frontiers after February, 2000. Unfortunately, the former site has disappeared completely, while the latter site hasn't been updated to provide consistent access to these articles. As this condition has existed several years, I doubt there will be any improvement any time soon. If there is a particular article in these e-magazines that you are interested in, and you know the date, you might be able find the article in http://web.archive.org/web/
- If you are so inclined, you may also find information about me, as well as the location of one of the more obscure towns in Montana by clicking on the "About Me " button in the navigation bar above.
- There is a page of references that are relevant to my lectures on climate change and the upcoming extinction of coral reefs. truly, Read 'em and weep.
PLEASE NOTE THAT RONSHIMEK.COM HAS RECENTLY BEEN RE-DESIGNED. I WILL BE UPDATING THE SITE REGULARLY, SO FOR THE TIME BEING PLEASE EXCUSE ANY IMCOMPLETE CONTENT. I WILL BE ADDING BRAND NEW CONTENT AS THE SITE PROGRESS SO DO CHECK BACK REGULARY.